avandia

Thursday 25 March 2010

Its not what you know..

This morning, on the way to school, i realised two things;

- I am still saying 'im going to school' and make plans with friends according to half-terms and summer holidays even though these dates no longer having any meaning to them whatsoever.
- I am stretched, drained, given abuse, challenged and stressed every day whilst the world is better paid and has their weekends and evenings to themselves.

Teaching is a full time job -true say.

Im therefore toying with a number of ideas.

1) Card counting in Vegas - potential to dress in a different disguise every night AND make money.

2) Donning a suit in Canary Wharf - crack-out the stilettos...?

3) Devoting myself to my Art and living the Bohemian life - my little fantasy...

The conclusion is that there are options -imaginative ones at that.

Whilst i do love my job i am feeling the pangs of temptation to tip-toe onto the greener grass probably only to to find that its been replaced with gravel.

And why? Because i want to flounce around London wearing over-sized sunglasses sipping frappa-latte-mocha-chinos on my way to work at a friendly hour. I would like to get to know creative, intelligent, accomplished, adult people -not just Shoniqua's cousin in year 7.

Teaching is a beautiful thing but MAN it takes it out of you. And dont even THINK about those adverts on TV asking you if you have considered a career in teaching! My friend, no teacher goes without eye-bags.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

avandia