avandia

Monday 1 November 2010

Polarbear

I was first introduced* to Polarbear after a Poeticat gig a good few months ago now. Completely unaware of his work i did what any curious neek would do and Googled/YouTubed/MySpaced him when i got home. This lyricist wraps syllables around beats that have me nodding my head like i'm ready to dance. Then smiling at the wit and charm of his words. And thats just Jessica;


I went to see him at The Roundhouse for his most recent work 'Return'. Without the rhythm of some of his earlier work that i was used to it took some time to get my head around what i was watching/listening to. In saying that, after unpacking the story i was left with that kind of warm feeling of getting it -'it' being that need you feel to leave home and 'find' yourself and realising on your return that nothing and everything has changed.

Check him out and if you can get yourself to see Return on tour then do. Its amazing how clearly you can see things if your ears are open.

*My little star makes reference to my 'meeting' Polarbear. I said hello, so i dont actually know him but he seemed like a very nice man.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

avandia